Sat, March 2, 20196:00 PM - 10:00 PM
The 2019 Polar Bear Swim will be the 50th held in Olcott, making it the longest running event in Newfane and Olcott history, and the longest running charitable fundraiser in all of NYS!
Are you a long time swimmer, or a past Polar Bear Queen? Are you a community member who loves Polar Bear, the history of your town or any of the charitable causes funded by the Polar Bear Swim? Or do you just like a great party? If so - then this event is one you shouldn't miss!
The Olcott Lions are hosting an event that will commemorate the anniversary, and contribute to the 2019 fundraising goals.
The Polar Eve Snow Ball will be held at the Olcott Fire Hall, and it will include:
- A commemorative movie highlighting 50 years of the swim!
- Presentation of Lions' Star Service Awards and The Founder's Memorial Award
- Music by Joe Squared
- A spaghetti dinner
- cash bar
- 50/50 raffles and door prizes
- A winter wonderland selfie station
Doors and bar open at 5pm for cocktails and mingling - all guests to be seated by 6pm for the movie!
The dress code for the Snow Ball is is casual business attire. No ties are necessary but we are asking for NO jeans either.
* Men, wear a sport coat or nice sweater.
* Women, nice pants or dress.
You can get fancier than that, but it's up to you!
Entrance is a $25 donation to the swim fund, and tickets can be purchased individually, or by table of 10 for guaranteed seating arrangements.
Seating is limited to 300, so get your tickets early by:
- contacting any Olcott or Newfane Lions Club member or
- writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org or GGuidoRedden@CodaCorpUSA.com or NewfaneOlcott@gmail.com
- calling Town Hall at 778-8531 and asking for Bill Clark